NGO in Patna Bihar, first of all, you have to know what does it mean by and what it’s work. A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a non-profit group that functions independently of any government. NGOs, sometimes called civil societies, are organized on the community, national and international levels to serve a social or political goal such as humanitarian causes or the environment. You can search for any NGOs in any corner of the whole of India.
- Categories of NGOs in Patna
- Here are Some Top NGOs in Patna City mentioned below
Categories of NGOs in Patna
In Patna City, there are different types of NGOs that work for different purposes. Here are some categories below:-
- Agriculture:- Capacity building, livelihood development, watershed development, market linkage, farm productivity improvement, increasing farm income are some of the popular programs managed by NGOs. Monitoring progress and co-ordination among volunteers remain challenging to work for farmers.
- Women Empowering:- NGOs gave them an opportunity to foray into the social and political spheres which were not easily granted by the for-profit and public sectors. Many NGOs that work to alleviate poverty among women also focus on advocating women’s rights.
- Human Rights:- The NGOs help the victim of a human rights violation by providing them assistance and advice.
- Medical Services:- Multi-specialty hospital those offer a wide range of services and high-quality medical technology which are rarely seen in such areas. NGOs hospital strives to offer comprehensive helping services of quality at subsidized and affordable rates or free for the underprivileged and needy people.
- Education and Welfare:- Eliminating the root problems of education by providing free education and meals to providing special guided education to the deaf and dumb. From teaching life skills to the visually impaired to the professional skill development of the differently-ambled.
- Services Advocacy:- Law service provider Constituted of High Caliber & Ethical Individuals, Committed to providing legal services of the highest quality and maintaining our Distinct Culture and to assist prominent Organizations, Entrepreneurs, and Innovators in accomplishing their business objectives.
Here are Some Top NGOs in Patna City mentioned below
1. UNICEF State Office for Bihar
Working for: Education, Social policy and Child ( protection, survival)
Aim: UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence and never give up. They work for Child protection and inclusion, Child Survival, Education, Gender, Innovation for Children, Research and analysis, and others.
- Address: 8, Pataliputra Colony, Patliputra, Patna – 800013
- Website: www.unicef.org
- Email: email@example.com
2. Mahila Shakti Pratishthan
Working for: Women empowerment, Rights and Social justice
Across The Globe, This NGO of Patna united for the dedication to women’s rights. They seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where women can live in dignity and security. Mahila Shakti Pratishthan will be known everywhere for its unshakable commitment to the dignity of women. The MSP is a Non-Political, Non-Sectarian, Voluntary Social Welfare Organization. It can get affiliated with other welfare Organizations in India and Other Countries. They work for Social, Education, Law, Health, Medicine, Sports, Economics, Handicraft, Music, and others.
- Address: Chaturbhuj Complex, 1 St Floor, Opp. Vishnu Place, West Boring Canal Road, Boring Road, Patna – 800001
- Website: www.mahilashakti.in
3. Dalit Vikas Abhiyan Samiti
Working for: Dalits, Women, Children empowerment
The word “Dalit” means suppressed or crushed in Sanskrit representing their traditional role as untouchables. Even today, the socio-economic disparity in the community is glaringly obvious and they continue to be the most marginalized section of society. They work towards protecting basic human rights as well as social situations.
- Founded: 1996
- Address: Ambedkar House, Durga Place, House no-232, 3 Floor Ashok Nagar Road No-14, kankar bagh, Patna, Bihar, India, 800020
- Website: www.dvas.co.in
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad
Working for: Women empowerment, Youth & Dalit, Social change
The organization was established on November 14, 1984, with the vision to provide a platform for discussion and action on developmental issues concerning the poor. Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad (GENVP) was founded by a group of like-minded intellectual associates to involve the rural and urban poor in various developmental activities. The organization has imbibed the thoughts expressed by the father of our nation, Mahatma Gandhi, and another visionary, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan, that development can only take place when the people, especially the rural people are mobilized to participate in their development.
- Founded: 1984
- Address: Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad, House no. 33, Road no. 3 New Patliputra Colony, Patna, Bihar, India, 800013
- Website: www.genvp.org
- Email: email@example.com
Working for: Senior citizens, Youth/Children, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Environment, Health, Family and many more.
IZAD an idea of social change. It is still embryonic because the idea sprouted on 22nd August 2002 has just started taking shape. ‘IZAD” is derived from the Urdu word IZAD means ‘Invention’. It is not merely a word; it is a dream to put forth continuous efforts to lessen human pain and suffering and to foster the development of weaker sections in a sustained manner with sustainability. The founder of the organization has dedicated his/her golden 17 years to practicing and translating the theories into action.
- Founded: 2003
- Address: Rajendra Nagar, Road no. 13-C, Rajendra Nagar, Patna, Bihar, India, 800016
- Website: www.Izadpatna.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. AYUS Foundation
Working for: Agriculture, Children, Differently Abled, Health and many more
Aim: This organization was established on 2018, with the vision to provide a platform for discussion and action on developmental issues concerning the poverty. Ayus foundation involve the rural and urban poor in various developmental activities.
- Founded: 2018
- Email: email@example.com
7. Balaji Utthan Sansthan
Working for: Health sector and Rural people development
Aim: This organization is a non-profit organization, established on 1860. Balaji Utthan Sansthan provide a platform for discussion and action on developmental rural area and health care activities in Patna, Bihar.
- Founded: 1860
- Address: UMA Complex, Fraser Rd, Old Jakkanpur, Indira Nagar, Patna, Bihar 800001
- Website: http://bus.org.in/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Shoshit Seva Sangh
Working for: Child education, Poverty and Distress
Aim: SSS is the non-government organization in Patna, registered in 2004 as per Bihar government. Shoshit Seva Sangh provides quality education upto higher secondary level education for children in musahar community.
- Founded: 2004
- Address: Flat No. 103, M.K Apartments, New Patliputra Colony, Patna, Bihar
- Website: http://www.sssfoundation.org/
- Email: email@example.com
9. Daudnagar Organization for Rural Development
Working for: Education and Better lives to everyone
Aim: DORD is a non profit department in Patna, registered in 1993 as per Bihar government. Daudnagar Organization for Rural Development provides literacy, awareness and skill training to children, specially for dropout students and also support income generation and economic empowerment.
- Founded: 1993
- Address: 2nd Floor, Chitkohra House, Dr Ashraf Lane, Patna-800001, Bihar
- Website: http://dord.in/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. All India Muslim Youth Majlis
Working for: Pioneering faith and Culturally
Aim: AIMYM is a non profit registered organization in Patna. All India Muslim Youth Majlis provides youth citizens congregate, exchange information, skill development.
- Founded: 1990
- Address: Phulwari Kothi, Sabzibagh, Patna-800004, Bihar
- Website: https://www.muslimyouthmajlis.org/
- Email: email@example.com