OVERVIEW OF NGO’s
NGO’s are non-governmental organizations that are run by either some group of people or by some voluntary people who contribute together to run an NGO. Their major purpose is to serve a particular section of society that is not taken care of. You can search for any non-government organizations (NGO’s) in any corner of the whole of India by visiting the Ngo4you.com site.
- This section of society includes women who are molested by their husbands or family member, girls who are not allowed to study and gain an education, young children who are forced to work, etc.
- Here, at our platform, we will be recommending the topmost NGO’s where you can help and contribute to the people in need. Your little effort can improve someone’s life. We will provide details like Joe you can contact the NGO, the aim for which the particular organization is working, and the events that are going on in that NGO. You don’t have to go through a long list of NGO’s to contribute, because here we provide you with the best NGO’s of that particular region/state.
- TOP MOST NGO’s IN MUMBAI
- NGOs in Mumbai with their contact details and AIM
TOP MOST NGO’s IN MUMBAI
Name of NGO with their categories
- CUDDLES FOUNDATION working for children
- AKSHARA CENTER working for women education
- UDAAN FOUNDATION working for children education
- St. JUDE INDIA CHILD CARE CENTER working for Cancer affected children
- SHARDDHANAND MAHILASHRAM working for old aged women
- APNALAYA working for domestic violence victims
- AKANKSHA FOUNDATION working for education and school
- NEPTUNE FOUNDATION working for people with mental illness
- MAJLIS MANCH working for women suffering sexual abuse
- NATIONAL SOCIETY FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE HANDICAPPED (NASEOH) working for physically challenged.
NGOs in Mumbai with their contact details and AIM
1. CUDDLES FOUNDATION
Working for -: Food for Child and Fighting against child cancer
AIM -: Children cancer can be cured if the child is given the right treatment. So, this organization provides the children with a properly balanced diet and the treatment through which their cancer can be cured so in this way their chances of survival increase.
- Founded -: 2017
- Contact no -: 022-49790823
- Address -: 407, 4th Floor, Konark Shram, 156, Tardeo Road, Tardeo, Mumbai 400034
- Website -: https://www.cuddlesfoundation.org/
- Email -: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. AKSHARA CENTER
Working for -: Women rights
AIM-: For the last 20 years, Akshara has worked very hard towards the gender equality of our society. The societies where the women are equally treated, equally given education, equally provide jobs the same as men get. Through this organization, they also empower women to be aware of their rights, to love without the threats of violence within their homes.
- Founded -: 1995
- Contact no -: 022 24328699
- Address -: Dhuru Building, 2nd floor, opp Bank of Maharashtra, Gokhale Road, Dadar West, Mumbai 400028
- Website -: https://aksharacentre.org/
- Email -: email@example.com
3. UDAAN FOUNDATION
Working for -: Children education
Aim -: It is an NPO started in 2009 which facilitates the school education for the children from lower-income communities. The idea is to build a safe, learning environment for the children to sponsor a child’s education in Mumbai to help them dream of a future beyond slums.
- Founded -: 2004
- Contact no -: +91 40000392 & +91 9967885468
- Address -: 2202, Odyssey 2, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai – 40007
- Website -: https://www.udaanindiafoundation.org/
- Email -: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. ST.JUDE INDIA CHILD CARE CENTER
Working for -: Fighting against child cancer
Aim -: Every year hundreds of cancer affected children travel to Mumbai for treatment, with no place to stay so they end up staying on the street. So, this organization provides shelter to these families along with proper nutritional and emotional support. Help cancer care NGO donates to provide nutritious foods for children suffering from cancer.
- Contact no -: 022-66663152
- Address -: Cotton Green Campus, Ground Floor, Mumbai Port Trust Colony, ABC Colony (Rajas Nagar), Zakaria Bunder Road, Sewri, Mumbai 400015
- Website -: https://www.stjudechild.org/
- Email -: email@example.com
5. SHRADDHANAND MAHILASHRAM
Working for -: Children and Women empowering
Aim -: This is a non-profit organization that provides shelter to women above 60 years of age. The aim is to provide peace to these women in their last days. Apart from food, shelter, and medicines, the organization has an active medical team to take care of the elderly. Donate to this NGO to help elderly women find a second home.
- Contact no -: +91 22 24012552 & +91 22 24010715
- Address -: Shraddhanand Mahilashram, Shraddhanand Marg, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019
- Website -: https://shraddhanandmahilashram.org/
- Email -: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working for -: Empowered People
Aim -: Apnalaya is an NGO in Mumbai that lends a friendly ear to the Domestic violence victims and also offers them advice and helps them find the strength within them to fight and win their legal and personal battles. It conducts awareness sessions and encourages women to come forward and help each other. Donate to this NGO to help women get back to a dignified life.
- Founded -: 1972
- Contact no -: 98330 41074
- Address -: Address -: 417-18, Mahinder Chambers Opposite Duke’s Factory, Chembur East Mumbai 400 071
- Website -: https://apnalaya.org/
- Email -: email@example.com
7. AKANKSHA FOUNDATION
Working for -: Children quality education
Aim -: Akansha Foundation is an education NGO In Mumbai which has one of the largest urban networks of public-private schools in India. It empowers children to maximize their potential and influence systemic reforms. Currently, it reaches out to around 4000+ children in 21 schools. Donate to this NGO working for education in Mumbai.
- Founded -: 1991
- Contact no -: +91 22 23700253 & +91 22 23700846
- Address -: Voltas Premises, Z Block Building, 2nd floor, T B Kadam Marg, Chinchpokli -East, Mumbai – 400 033
- Website -: https://www.akanksha.org/
- Email -: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. NEPTUNE FOUNDATION
Working for -: Rehabilitation of mentally people, and provide Old age home
Aim -: It is an NGO in Mumbai established in 2010. They work to identify homeless people with mental illnesses wandering around the streets, take them under their wings and then arrange proper treatment for them. Once they are cured they are reunited with their families and Neptune also arranges free lifetime medication for such patients.
- Founded -: 2010
- Contact no -: 8879881234
- Address -: 4th Floor, Eastern Business District, Near Mangatram Petrol Pump, L.B.S. Road, Bhandup (W), Mumbai- 400 083
- Website -: https://www.neptunefoundationindia.org/
- Email -: email@example.com
9. MAJLIS MANCH
Working for -: Women rights
Aim -: Through their program, they provide socio-legal support to the victims of sexual abuse. The all-women team of lawyers explains to them the complete legal process depending upon the case and how they have to fight their battle. Donate to this NGO to help abuse victims get legal services to fight their battle.
- Founded -: 1991
- Contact no -: 91-22-26662394 / 26661252
- Address -: A 2/4 Golden Valley, Kalina, Mumbai 400098
- Website -: https://www.majlislaw.com/
- Email -: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. NATIONAL SOCIETY FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE HANDICAPPED (NASEOH)
Working for -: Differently abled person
Aim -: Centers run by NASEOH impart vocational training to the differently-abled to ensure sustainable livelihood for them. Apart from training them in a variety of skills like pottery and baking they are also trained in communication skills. Donate to this program to make differently-abled people self-reliant.
- Founded -: 1968
- Contact no -: +91 22 25220224
- Address -: Postal Colony Road, Chembur, near Beggars Home, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400071
- Website -: http://www.naseoh.org/
- Email -: email@example.com